IS LORD KRISHNA AND LORD JESUS CHRIST THE SAME PERSON?
  • Radian August 2005
    I have studied this theory that lord krishna and jesus crist is the same person regardless of what the hold bible say about jesus crist.my mother says that jesus is the son of lord krishna and i beleive this because if you look at the names krishna and crist it almost pronunse the same.in the gita lord krishna say's 'that people who worship other gods actually worship me but they do so in a wrong way'.

What do you think.
  • August 2005
    AGTSP
    AGTHHBTS
    PAMHO

Your Mom is right, Prabhu (don't you just HATE that about Moms?) Jesus is Krishna's Son, and a shaktyavesa avatar, as is Srila Prabhupada.

your servant,

Bhuvana.
  • Nicholas October 2005
    We are all Krishna's children so that doesn't really solve the problem here does it???
    For one who is so inclined, read "The Path of the Masters" by Julian Johnson for answers about Jesus and His relation to God. It is thorough and utterly absorbing.

Hare Krishna
  • October 2005
    Hare Krishna,

Throughout Bhagavad-gita Lord Krishna, Himself, establishes that He is the Supreme Lord - He is God.

In the Christian Scriptures, Jesus makes it known that He is the son of God.

We get the information of Their postions directly from Them in the scriptures.

your servant,
    Rukmini-Devi dasi
  • November 2005
    Hare Krishna,

Here is a very nice quote from Srila Prabhupada.

"So if anyone loves Krishna, he must love Lord Jesus Christ also. And if one perfectly loves Jesus Christ he must love Krishna." - Srila Prabhupada, May 12,1969

your servant,
    Rukmini-Devi dasi
  • November 2005

Radian:

I HAVE STUDIED THIS THEORY THAT LORD KRISHNA AND JESUS CRIST IS THE SAME PERSON REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE HOLD BIBLE SAY ABOUT JESUS CRIST.MY MOTHER SAYS THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF LORD KRISHNA AND I BELEIVE THIS BECAUSE IF YOU LOOK AT THE NAMES KRISHNA AND CRIST IT ALMOST PRONUNSE THE SAME.

WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Jesus lived two thousand years ago, Krsna lived five thousand years ago.

=)
  • Janardana_123 January 2006
    There is no character mentioned in the original text
    of the Bible that is Jesus. His name is Yashua.
    His father is named YHVH (Jahovah). In the Bible
    we are told that the advasary is a bejeweled
    flute playing lacivious youth. We are also warned
    against doctrines of demons in 2 Timothy.

A Bishop in the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia
    recently stated that Krsna is Satan.......

May the Truth Prevail
  • January 2006
    —This lecture was originally published in The Harmonist
    in 1936, on the advent day of His Divine Grace Om
    Vishnuupada Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur

By His Divine Grace
    A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
    Founder-Acharya of the International Society
    for Krishna Consciousness

In ten short years, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada inundated the world with Krishna Consciousness. In the following excerpt from one of his essays, he smashes the sectarian misconception that the spiritual master is limited to a particular person, form, or institution, and establishes the universal conception of guru.

In the revealed scriptures it is declared that the
    spiritual master should be worshiped like the Supreme
    Personality of Godhead, and this injunction is obeyed
    by pure devotees of the Lord. The spiritual master is the
    most confidential servant of the Lord. Thus let us offer
    our respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of our spiritual
    master....

.... Thus it has been enjoined herewith that in order to
    receive that transcendental knowledge, one must
    approach the guru. Therefore, if the Absolute Truth is
    one, about which we think there is no difference of
    opinion, the guru cannot be two. The ÅchÅryadeva to
    whom we have assembled tonight to offer our humble
    homage is not the guru of a sectarian institution or one
    out of many differing exponents of the truth. On the
    contrary, he is the jagad-guru, or the guru of all of us: the
    only difference is that some obey him wholeheartedly,
    while others do not obey him directly.

Jaya Srila Prabhupada
  • madhu January 2006

Sri Joyan:

Jesus lived two thousand years ago, Krsna lived five thousand years ago.

=)

Jaya Srila Prabupada, No offence Prabhuji..just joking...Sri Krishna & Lord Jesus Christ may have appeared 5000 and 2000 yrs ago respectively, but i am very happy to report, that they are both very much still alive.....Jaya Srila Gurudeva. Ps Srila Prabupada is also alive,
    May you never forget The Blessed Lord ..YS Madhu
  • January 2006
    Srila Prabhupada: Actually, it doesn't matter -- Krishna or Christ -- the name is the same. The main point is to follow the injunctions of the Vedic scriptures that recommend chanting the name of God in this age. The easiest way is to chant the maha-mantra: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare/ Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare. Rama and Krishna are names of God and Hare is the energy of God. So when we chant the maha-mantra we address God along with His energy. This energy is of two kinds, the spiritual and the material. At present we are in the clutches of the material energy. Therefore we pray to Krishna that He may kindly deliver us from the service of the material energy and accept us into the service of the spiritual energy. This is our whole philosophy. Hare Krishna means, "O energy of God, O God (Krishna), please engage me in Your service." It is our nature to render service. Somehow or other we have come to the service of material things, but when this service is transformed into the service of the spiritual energy, then our life is perfect. To practice bhakti-yoga [loving service to God] means to become free from designations like Hindu, Muslim, Christian, this or that, and simply to serve God. We have created Christian, Hindu and Mohammedan religions, but when we come to a religion without designations, in which we don't think we are Hindus or Christians or Mohammedans, then we can speak of pure religion, or bhakti.

Father Emmanuel: Mukti? [liberation from material miseries]

Srila Prabhupada: No, bhakti. When we speak of bhakti, mukti is included. Without bhakti, there is no mukti, but if we act on the platform of bhakti, then mukti is included.
  • abhishek January 2006
    Maybe someone can explain to me, but I have some doubts...

Now If Krishna is the father of Jesus, and Jesus is a "God" but the son of "the God Krishna" then they must have the same manerism or idealism.
    Jesus said in his bible, "I and my father are one." So we must see oneness between Lord Krishna and Jesus. But I dont see this...

It is written that Jesus is perfect, never made any errors, and Jesus says he does not his own will, but his father that is in heaven. If Krishna is the father of Jesus, then Jesus and Krishna must do and be the same in many ways. But I dont see this
    Here are Examples...
    When Jesus was young he was at the temples, preaching truth in the temples. He spokes to scholars and was very educated in the truth.
    It is said, that when Lord Krishna was young, he saw a man having sex with his wife, by looking through the house window. While watching them make love, he decided to throw a poisonous Scorpion in the bed, while they were having sex.

Jesus for one had no wives, and he said it was a sin to marry more than one wife...
    It is said, That Lord Krishna had 6 thousand wives.

Jesus said do not lust after another woman, and he also said not to steal.
    It is said, that Lord Krishna would take womans clothing while they took baths in lakes.

Jesus said he and his father are one, I do not see how Krishna and Lord Jesus are the same. Please explain, I want to learn.
  • madhu January 2006

abhishek:

Maybe someone can explain to me, but I have some doubts...

Now If Krishna is the father of Jesus, and Jesus is a "God" but the son of "the God Krishna" then they must have the same manerism or idealism.
    Jesus said in his bible, "I and my father are one." So we must see oneness between Lord Krishna and Jesus. But I dont see this...

It is written that Jesus is perfect, never made any errors, and Jesus says he does not his own will, but his father that is in heaven. If Krishna is the father of Jesus, then Jesus and Krishna must do and be the same in many ways. But I dont see this
    Here are Examples...
    When Jesus was young he was at the temples, preaching truth in the temples. He spokes to scholars and was very educated in the truth.
    It is said, that when Lord Krishna was young, he saw a man having sex with his wife, by looking through the house window. While watching them make love, he decided to throw a poisonous Scorpion in the bed, while they were having sex.

Jesus for one had no wives, and he said it was a sin to marry more than one wife...
    It is said, That Lord Krishna had 6 thousand wives.

Jesus said do not lust after another woman, and he also said not to steal.
    It is said, that Lord Krishna would take womans clothing while they took baths in lakes.

Jesus said he and his father are one, I do not see how Krishna and Lord Jesus are the same. Please explain, I want to learn.

Hare Krsna..Abhishek, All Glories to you..my name is Madhu,
    Lord Jesus descended in order to show us how to behave as good sons & devoted servants of The Supreme Autocratic Lord.
    Lord Krsna IS that very Lord! He is the Supreme Enjoyer, and He descended to display His pastimes, which may appear similar to our's but are pure and uncontaminated by lust and malice. Krsna is absolute and His deeds give pleasure to all, even His so-called stealing.. How can God steal what He owns anyway? Our stealing & cheating causes pain to others... Krsna's deeds only give joy. We are here trying to imitate Him.. Lord Jesus shows us how to surrender to Krsna & return home. Also,you say.. "So we must see oneness between Lord Krishna and Jesus. But I don't see this..." This is a presumption on your part, The Supreme is by nature SUPREME...so there is no question of "must", if so, then "must" would be God. Also, you say " If Krishna is the father of Jesus, then Jesus and Krishna must do and be the same in many ways. But I dont see this"
    We see what God allows us to see. He is the Supreme Hypnotist.
    Also, who says Jesus had no wives, are they bona fide? Actually Sri Krsna has 1,008 wives, but He has 1,008 forms also..i hope i have been of some help. i gotta go, my beautiful baby is feeling sick. Gauranga.
  • abhishek January 2006
    My friend you have some very valid points...

Lord Jesus descended in order to show us how to behave as good sons & devoted servants of The Supreme Autocratic Lord.

Yes, you are right, Jesus did say he was the way, truth, and the life. And we both agree He is the manifestation of God, but with different opinions on whom the father is. Now I have a hard time believing your words. See there are many Lord Krishna devotees, and they admit Jesus is God, and he is an example. But why dont they do what he says? If he is the light shining to God (?Krishna? ) then why dont most Krishna devotees follow his teachings?

Actually Sri Krsna has 1,008 wives, but He has 1,008 forms also..i hope i have been of some help

I have a few doubts that maybe you can answer... Lord Krishna has many forms, or manifestations. And they are all examples for the people to learn and follow. Yet they almost all teach things in contrary to eachother. They are not consistent.

Nearly 3000 years back the Aryans came to India, and they have written to Hindu literary and scriptures, like Mahabharatham. In the Mahabharatham you find Brahmans. The Indian history claims that the Brahmans came to India nearly 3 thousand years ago. But the Stories that they have written are from over 3 thousad years ago. If they came to India 3 thousand years ago, how can these stories that they were written, take place in India and at the same time exist so long ago, if they only came 3 thousand years ago?

Jesus Christ is consistant... and his teachings make no error.
  • sundara7631 January 2006
    dear sir, very respectfully I must reply, Krishna is called achintya or inconcievable, in other words HE is beyond our material senses or reasoning power to understand. All His activities are pure and faultless, and all the activities of this world are but shadow or perverted reflections of them. All we can do is commit offences by judging Krishna according to our imperfect senses. It is stated the senses must become completely purified to undernd Krishna properly and even serve Him, To say the trees in the reflection of the lake are the same as the one's one's the land is simply rediculous. Anyway, Krishna is only understood in truth, by approaching a bonafide spiritual master with complete submission and a service attitude. The challenging attitude only makes offenses and blocks one from having any hope of understanding Krishna. Krishna says that Himself in His most celebrated song, the Bhagavad-gita. If we an not even understand our real identity as eternal souls and servants of God, how we to understand God, Himself. Only Krishna's devotees see Him everywhere, in everyone's heart, because they see only spiritually and not materially. Krishna is simply not material, and right now, our mind, intelligence and bodys and senses are all material. Thus, we must become spiritualised by fully engaging ourselves in the service of Krishna's pure representative first, really and when our eyes have been tinged by the spiritual salve of love, than only will be able to see and understand the all attractive, all charming form of Krishna, known as Shyamasundara , Krishna can expand Himself into unlimited Forms, so therefor His expanding Himself to be with His 1,108 wives was an insignificant show of Krishna's ability Prabhupada said. Krishna is simply unlimited in every respect, and no one is equal to or greater than Him. And Krishna comes to this world Himself or through His Servants also to manifest uncommon activities, no possible for any common man to perform. To try to judhe Krishna is as foolish as a frog trying to judge the ocean, and only after he simply heard about it. All he can do is make comprisons from the pond he lives in, it is simply not possible for Him to concieve. Krishna says Knowledge about Him is transcendental and most confidential knowledge and onl His deotees can understand Him, in truth... That is all...
  • January 2006
    I have a few doubts that maybe you can answer... Lord Krishna has many forms, or manifestations. And they are all examples for the people to learn and follow. Yet they almost all teach things in contrary to eachother. They are not consistent.
    Nearly 3000 years back the Aryans came to India, and they have written to Hindu literary and scriptures, like Mahabharatham. In the Mahabharatham you find Brahmans. The Indian history claims that the Brahmans came to India nearly 3 thousand years ago. But the Stories that they have written are from over 3 thousad years ago. If they came to India 3 thousand years ago, how can these stories that they were written, take place in India and at the same time exist so long ago, if they only came 3 thousand years ago?

I think we need to look at the time when both took birth, compare the social cultures prevailing at that time, and based on that we will understand, why the teachings and behaviour differ.

From time to time many saints and gods have taken birth on earth, but their teachings were different, but the goal remained same.
  • January 2006
    Three words:

Time
    Place
    Circumstances

ilovekrishna:

I think we need to look at the time when both took birth, compare the social cultures prevailing at that time, and based on that we will understand, why the teachings and behaviour differ.

From time to time many saints and gods have taken birth on earth, but their teachings were different, but the goal remained same.
  • Sara February 2006
    Jesus has no father! He has a mother only, her name was Mary. And she was a virgin. If Mary was a virgin, then how is't possible that Jesus would have a father? So how can you guys are linking Krishna and Jesus? If you have some Scripture to proof this statement then do it so. Don't just make an assumption only because their names are similar...

~Believe the Truth Only~
  • Angelallah February 2006
    NO! You have the Father energy and the Mother energy from these comes the twins Jesus and Lucifer.
    These two twins act on the divine level and are to guide the humans. Then there is the Ancients, these are the ones who created the human bodies.
    Above the Divine Mother /Father is the Eternal level. the eternal Mother. Krishna's energy (yahweh) comes from the Eternal Mother/ Ancients.
    How do I know I carry the energy of Rama the twin of Yahweh, I expect to be tossed off this list in due time but by that time the seeds will be sown. Why has Iskcon no energy, Since Yahweh was ordered to step back the energy has become less.
    No Krishna is not supreme there is always more. The Cosmos always expands. There is always a greater behind any great. Only in the 3D can there be Gods, Elsewhere all energies exist in equality.
    Ask within your heart for there you will find the Divine Mother which is the same as the para-atma.
    I am not proposing beliefs. Go past beliefs and accept only what you know. Toss beliefs out then if it is true it will come back.
    The Earth is about to under go some big time changes, The Iskcon teaching of Kaliyuga no longer applies.
    I request all to live by the three principles of Equality, Unity and Truth. The age of gurus is over. All can connect. Beyond the Eternal is the One. This One is not the crap the devotees talk about as being the light from krishna. I have great respect for devotees but most are blind leading the blind.
    Can everyone walk side by side with me? This we will see.
  • Sara February 2006

Angelallah:

NO! You have the Father energy and the Mother energy from these comes the twins Jesus and Lucifer.

What do you exactly mean by this statement? Don't you believe or agree that Mary, mother of Jesus, was a virgin?

~Believe Only The Thruth~
  • pardeep saini February 2006
    @ abhishek
    hare krishna prabhu!
    i would like to add that christ and jesus are different in words.
    christ stands for god and jesus stands for the one who is mentioned as son of god. and there is one more thing jesus was married to a lady named "marry mangdela". although the truth was not revealed to the world. if u want to know more just read "da vinci code" a novel.
  • February 2006
    Hare Krishna all!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

OK, I have done enough Bible study to find major differences in Christ's word and Krishna's word.

For example, Christ was our sacrifice. His BLOOD was shed to make us pure enough to be forgiven our sins. There is only one way into heaven and that is by accepting Lord Jesus as our Saviour, we will be allowed into heaven. These statements are clearly made in the Bible. If anyone can show me how this correlates with Lord Krishna's teachings, I would greatly appreciate it because I am having a hard time accepting the Bible (which is accepted as God's word). The teachings in there, if the Bible's God and Krishna are one and the same, are directly in conflict.

The Bible states that man is naturally sinful and needed a "sacrifice" (Jesus) to purify us. Krishna Consciousness states that man is basically good and all he needs is to have his Krishna Consciousnees awakened to be able come to God.

The Bible states at death - Heaven or Hell - no other option. Krishna Consciousness states that we (our eternal soul that is) will return to this earth according to the laws of karma.

These are just a few of the major discrepancies I have seen. And being raised (and born-again) Christian previously, and now a believer of Krishna I have not been able to reconcile the two religions. They are in direct conflict with each other, and I do not think you an believe in both. What is the corect answer? I don't know yet as I am still learning about Krishna. But Krishna's presences is strong in my life, and He will give me the answers.

Any help from you would also be appreciated. I want to learn.

your servant,

Sue

P.S. The Da Vinci Code was a novel, meaning:fiction
  • tirthadas February 2006
    Hare Krishna, Sue.

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I've seen your posts on this and other forums related to Krishna consciousness, and reading the above post prompted me to register here so I could reply to it. You are a very sincere person, and your questions deserve sincere and balanced answers.

Regarding Christianity, I'll try to address your concerns. I was born, raised, and schooled as a Christian, and have been a Krishna-bhakta for many years...hopefully I've accumulated enough knowledge to be able to at least share some insights.

I'm working on a reply for you and will post soon.
  • February 2006
    Another contrast

Jesus: "Why do you do good only to those who love you? What reward will you have in Heaven?"

Krishna: "Whoever renders service to me is dear to me and I am dear to him"
  • February 2006
    Hare Krishna!

Dear Tirthadas,

Thank you for taking my inquiry into consideration. I struggle with the contrast between Christianity and Lord Krishna's teachings daily. (Iwork in a small office for a married couple, two very devoted Christians) And you hear people say that "it's all the same God". But the belief systems, objectives, and results ARE different. And I can not reconcile the two. The more I study Krishna Consciousness the more right and true and real Krishna becomes to me.

So again, I appreciate any help. To further my understanding of this material world. Unfortunately as much as we don't want to be in this material world, here we are, and here we will stay until the time I should be so fortunate to leave.

your servant,

Sue
  • Pankaja dasa February 2006
    I think people who worship Lord Jesus Christ goto Vaikunthaloka [if they do it properly]. And people that worship Krishna goto Goloka.

Maybe Christians call it heaven?
  • precious 54 February 2006
    HI, I was into Krishna conciousness about 20 years back. then got caught up in the world for many years I suffered in darkness and deppression.. I found JESUS , started studing the bible I still LOVE KRISHNA, for a while I have been confused because christians do not know about Krishna they think all other Gods are false but I don't because I have loved Krishna in the past they don't know Krishna..what do you think on this??
  • precious 54 February 2006
    Hi Sue, I have been going thru some of the same problems as you on Jesus vs Krishna.. I am also born again christian ..I think the differences have to do with the time and area that Jesus was born they were jews they had no knowledge of Krishna.. being Krishna is from the other side of the world and all that could be it!
  • Radian February 2006
    Ok,people enough debating there is only one god,this only god created the universe,this only god created us, we all worship this only god,we all see this only god in differnt ways as lord krishna says in the gita [i]people who worship other gods actually worship me,but they do so in a wrong way.
  • Radian February 2006
    As Srila Prabhupada say's "If one loves Krishna, he must love Lord Jesus also. And if one perfectly loves Jesus he must love Krishna too. If he says, "Why shall I love Krishna? I shall love Jesus," then he has no knowledge. And if one says, "Why shall I love Jesus? I shall love Krishna", then he has no knowledge either. If one understands Krishna, then he will understand Jesus. If one understands Jesus, you'll understand Krishna too"
  • February 2006
    Hare Krishna Radian!

Part of my inquiry is to explain to the Christians so very much in my life that we really do worship the same God. My husband particularly does not understand, and I want him to, I need him to.

So no, I do not want to be exclusionary with Jesus, I am just trying to find where He fits in all of this.

Does his make any sense? I do not mean to be irreverent here. Plese respect my curious mind. There is so much to learn with Krishna Consciousness.

your servant,

Sue
  • tirthadas February 2006

suekeno2005:

Hare Krishna Radian!

Part of my inquiry is to explain to the Christians so very much in my life that we really do worship the same God. My husband particularly does not understand, and I want him to, I need him to.

Sue

Sue...You have a PM from me in regard to these questions.
  • March 2006

Bhakta John:

There is no character mentioned in the original text
    of the Bible that is Jesus. His name is Yashua.
    His father is named YHVH (Jahovah). In the Bible
    we are told that the advasary is a bejeweled
    flute playing lacivious youth. We are also warned
    against doctrines of demons in 2 Timothy.

A Bishop in the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia
    recently stated that Krsna is Satan.......

May the Truth Prevail

So now someone as warm and loving as Krishna is Satan. Of course a Bishop is going to say that, Eastern religion is growing fast in Europe and now they're doing the same thing that they did 2,000 years ago putting fear in people's hearts to make them join the Church. Don't listen to that junk please. :x Their god must be very different from mine then. As for Jesus, his story is also like Osiris,Dionysus, and the myth surrounding Augustus Caesar's birth (immaculate conception).

By the way I wouldn't doubt that Jesus and Mary were married, look at the passages in the New Testament about them and see how they act.

Do you also realize how much the New Testament has been manipulated. Do you not realize there is a great difference between the Jewish Satan and the Christian Satan? Even the Jewish god and the Christian god seem different. Fellow Hindus please don't manipulated by the Satan junk.
  • I agree and would like to extend the theory to Buddha, and all the great prophets, saints & sadhus. Alive and passed.
  • March 2006
    No they are not the same.

Jesus preached a religion of intolerance where Krishna preached a belief of peace and tolerance. :?
  • March 2006

chipoffhteoldblock:

I agree and would like to extend the theory to Buddha, and all the great prophets, saints & sadhus. Alive and passed.

Jesus should not be spoke in the same utterance with the holy sadhus it would be a insult to the great sadhus.
  • precious 54 March 2006
    You are so wrong about Jesus and ignorant of the truth..please don't speak of things you know nothing about...Jesus was love come to man in a human body ..He came at that time in history as the messiah of the jews..He did nothing but show love ,he healed the sick ,even could calm the sea..walk on water..he died a horrible and painfull death because of people who would not understand..evil people that called themselves holy men...Jesus came from God to help the lost and wicked people ,he died for the sins of the world..God made a way for people to come back to God thru his love and mercy on the cross...that whosoever believeth on him would not perish but have everlasting life in heaven...It doesn't matter what religion you are Jesus Loves you and is still God yesterday, today, and tomarrow...I have seen many lives changed because of Jesus ..I for one can testify to a total life change because of Jesus...Please do not speak badly of the greatest gift that God, Krishna, has given to mankind...Praise his Holy Name..The lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world through his precious blood shed on a cross at calvery.....It may be that because it was happening in a different location at that time in history that you may have never heard of Jesus as the saviour..but it is so true regardless of who believes it or not..
  • Dear Abhishek,
    You have good questions. However, your name causes me to suspect you are a devotee merely posing as a "christians" advocate...Growing up as a Catholic I also had many questions regarding Christ & Krishna and it is good for us to explore the similarities and differences between them. However, there are many social and historical factors, especially in regard to Christianity that distort the facts and our understanding. Krsna Conciousness comes down to us in an unbroken chain of disciplic succession in the Vedic culture. Both systems are what would be termed devotional theism and have many similarities....like a personal conception of God, the use of prayer beads, images, prasadam & the Holy Eucarist. There are even many parallels in the lives of both Krsna and Christ that have caused suspicion amongst scholars as to whether the life of Jesus was modeled after the pastimes of Krsna who lived 3,000 years before. (Please see the article attatched at the end of this post.) All that aside, Religious reformers like Jesus teach according to time, place and circumstance, desha kala patra. They give what is appropriate to the developement of the people at the time. Jesus Himself said that there was much more He could tell but they were not ready to hear. The minor details may vary but the bigger message is the same. To awaken the individual soul (jiva) to its natural position of Love of God (Iswara or Bhagavan). Jesus was in love of God in the rasa or mood or flavor of Love called Vatsalya rasa. Parental Love. God The Father. Krsna, being the Supreme Lord exibited all the rasa's with His devotees according to thier porportionate love for Him. With His parents and children He exhibited this vatsalya rasa, with the cowherd boys and Arjuna He exhibited Sakya rasa, friendship. with His wives, Svakiya-madhurya rasa, married love and with the Gopis He exchanged Parakiya Madhura rasa, paramour Love. But this Love is not the mundane bodily "love" or rather lust of this world. In sanskit language it is called "Prema". Which means a transcendental wholly self-giving, self sacrificing, non material affection between the individual soul and the supreme soul. There is no comparison in this world and its is very difficult for us to understand because we are addicted to bodily lust. Krsna is completely above these things. Krsna says in the Gita 7.13
    Tribur guna mayar bhavair..."Deluded by the three modes of nature the whole world knows me not. Who am above the modes and inexhaustable.
    Krsna is Para-brahman. The supreme spirit above the three conditioned modes of nature (goodness, passion,& ignorance) which cover us so heavily like clouds..Krsna is anti-material, ie: aprakrta, meaning without material qualities, but infinitely potent with unlimited spiritual qualities and power. He is the supreme Autocrat. Evereything exists by Him and for His satisfaction alone, so there can never be any wrong doing on His part. Mundane morality is not applicable to Him. His every action benefits us, because He is absolute and absolute goodness. Christ is His devotee in the relationship of son. Srila Sridhar Maharaj elaborately explains the position of Christianity in relation to Krsna Consciousness in His book. "The Search for Sri Krsna, Reality the Beautiful." in that book you'll find a nice chapter with many explanations to your questions. Please see the website http://www.scsmath.com
    Srila Prabhupad gave a nice talk in one of the early BTG magazines called "Krsna, Kristos, Christ showing the etemological origin of Christianity in Krsna Consciousness and the article below deals directly with that. I hope you find this helpful.
    My dandavat pranam to you.

©1997-2005 VNN

EDITORIAL
    December 25, 2005 VNN8884

From Christ To Chrishna
    BY DHARMAPADA DAS
    EDITORIAL, Dec 25 (VNN) — A Book Review
    Raymond Bernard's From Christ to Chrishna is a book from the past which has made its appearance again. It seems to have first been published by Health Research in 1961, although the forward by the author is dated 1959 and the copyright dates from 1966. The book has recently been reproduced by Health Research.
    http://www.healthresearchbooks.com/
    The name Raymond Bernard is said by Dennis Crenshaw to be an alias for the surname Sigmeister. Dennis has extensively researched this author because of his other writings, writings on the hollow earth theory. For example, Bernard penned the book Agharta, on the Tibetan underground, and most notably The Hollow Earth, which has become a standard-bearer for the hollow earth community.
    Right from the very beginning, From Christ to Chrishna establishes that the teachings of Krishna are the origin of Christianity. The book explains that Apollonius of Tyana had studied in the Himalayas and that he returned and introduced these teachings to the Essenes, who became the first "Chrishn-ins", later Christians. It brings to our attention that the writings of Apollonius were re-written and plagiarized by Roman churchmen at the Council of Nicea three centuries later. In the fourth century, A.D., Hierocles accused the Christian priesthood of this plagiary and of inventing a messiah by combining the name of the Druid sun god, Iesus, from the Western half of Constantine's Roman empire with the name Chrishna, from the Eastern half, which had become corrupted to Christ by that time.
    In order to provide historical justification, the book explains how a Jewish religious teacher from Jehoshua Ben Pandira was selected, and why a young Essene who had been crucified, Jeshai Beth Halachmee, became incorporated into the story.
    The book adds authority to its assertions by interpreting the research of academicians from the past, such as J.M. Roberts, who authored the book Antiquity Unveiled; Reverend Robert Taylor, who authored Diegesis; Moor, the author of Hindu Pantheon; Gerald Massey, of The Natural Genesis Godfrey Higgins who wrote Analcalypsis and Professor Hilton Hotema, among others.
    From Christ to Chrishna acknowledges the book Monumental Christianity as the source of the illustrations which it contains.
    Bernard utilizes comparison as a device for establishing that the birth of Christ originates from the older, Sanskrit-documented narration of the birth of Krishna, as found in the Puranas. Shree Krishna, for example, was born in Mathura but taken to a pastoral setting just after birth- Christ was ready to be born in the larger city of Nazareth but taken to a pastoral setting just before he was born. At birth, the devatas showered flowers and sang hymns in glorification of the baby Krishna, just as it is related in relation to the angels and Christ in the Gospel of Luke. After His birth, Shree Krishna was visited by a wise man, the sage Narada Muni who foretold his future according to the alignment of stars at the time. This is similar to the way in which Jesus was visited by the Magi who had followed a star in the heavens in order to find him, and who also foretold of His future glory.
    In the natal story of both Shree Krishna and Christ it is told that the regent ordered the death of all male children bon during that period- in the birth story of Shree Krishna, the regent's name was Kamsa. In the birth story of Christ, it was Herod. Bernard quotes Sir William Jones, a respected Sanskrit scholar, in this regard: "That the name of Krishna and the general outline of his story were long anterior to the birth of our Savior, and probably to the time of Homer, we know very certainly ." There is much, much more along these lines.
    Whether or not the reader accepts every last shred of evidence, and every last explanation by Bernard is immaterial. Bernard presents a scope which is broad enough to substantiate the Krishna origins of Christianity.
    It is almost ironic that when this book was written, the Indian/Hindu immigration into North America had not yet taken place. Even the Indian population of Great Britain was not what it is today. Even so, the book is very appropriate for the bookshelf of any current follower of Vedic dharma as it provides orientation in a Christian world which can be aggressive at times.
    Written by Dean Dominic De Lucia/Dharmapada Das
    This writer welcomes comments and questions: [email]deandddd@uol.com.br[/email]
    Contact VNN about this storySend this story to a friend
    How useful is the information in this article? Not Somewhat Very -
    Read This Story In... Translate
    This story URL: http://www.vnn.org/editorials/ET0512/ET25-8884.html
    Japa-Retreat In The Swiss...

Harikatha Videoconference...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS DESK | EDITORIALS | TOP
  • March 2006

precious 54:

You are so wrong about Jesus and ignorant of the truth..please don't speak of things you know nothing about...Jesus was love come to man in a human body ..He came at that time in history as the messiah of the jews..He did nothing but show love ,he healed the sick ,even could calm the sea..walk on water..he died a horrible and painfull death because of people who would not understand..evil people that called themselves holy men...Jesus came from God to help the lost and wicked people ,he died for the sins of the world..God made a way for people to come back to God thru his love and mercy on the cross...that whosoever believeth on him would not perish but have everlasting life in heaven...It doesn't matter what religion you are Jesus Loves you and is still God yesterday, today, and tomarrow...I have seen many lives changed because of Jesus ..I for one can testify to a total life change because of Jesus...Please do not speak badly of the greatest gift that God, Krishna, has given to mankind...Praise his Holy Name..The lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world through his precious blood shed on a cross at calvery.....It may be that because it was happening in a different location at that time in history that you may have never heard of Jesus as the saviour..but it is so true regardless of who believes it or not..

What is your faith?

Also Jesus may have done those things in Christian eyes but when I have read the bible I see a religion of fear who threatens others who do not think like them.

I respect Christians from a far but do not see them anything like Hinduism.

Jesus like his father preached hell and damnation on those who didn't come to him.
  • precious 54 March 2006
    Dear serpent,My faith is in God ,Krishna and Jesus I seek Truth and knowledge of God where ever it may be found in what ever the name of the religion we are all searching for the TRUTH and that is all I am trying to tell you ...not to cause any hurt..I just want to clear up the misconceptions if I could...maybe I could tell you of my Quest for Truth ..It is found in Holy Scriptures...The Bible ..THe Bagavad Gita..and other true Holy Books...If you dig deep in the Word It is a treasure to be found..That God is LOVE...The Hell and Damnation are this material life of pain and sorrow...Jesus was sent from God's Love to give us a way to return to heaven ..He was a sacrifice a Holy sacrifice for man to have a way back to God for man is so sinful and evil, man could not see the Love that was Jesus in the form of human flesh like you and me...he only warned the people to see in a way they could understand at that time...they didn't know about reincarnation or Krishna they were Jews.. we know much more today..but the fact remains the same Jesus is God ....Krishna is also the Supreme Personality opf Godhead....do you see what Imean???
  • April 2006

precious 54:

Dear serpent,My faith is in God ,Krishna and Jesus I seek Truth and knowledge of God where ever it may be found in what ever the name of the religion we are all searching for the TRUTH and that is all I am trying to tell you ...not to cause any hurt..I just want to clear up the misconceptions if I could...maybe I could tell you of my Quest for Truth ..It is found in Holy Scriptures...The Bible ..THe Bagavad Gita..and other true Holy Books...If you dig deep in the Word It is a treasure to be found..That God is LOVE...The Hell and Damnation are this material life of pain and sorrow...Jesus was sent from God's Love to give us a way to return to heaven ..He was a sacrifice a Holy sacrifice for man to have a way back to God for man is so sinful and evil, man could not see the Love that was Jesus in the form of human flesh like you and me...he only warned the people to see in a way they could understand at that time...they didn't know about reincarnation or Krishna they were Jews.. we know much more today..but the fact remains the same Jesus is God ....Krishna is also the Supreme Personality opf Godhead....do you see what Imean???

I do not see what you see. The hell Jesus preached was eternal hell in a dimension of everlasting suffering on the non-believers.
  • April 2006

serpent:

I do not see what you see. The hell Jesus preached was eternal hell in a dimension of everlasting suffering on the non-believers.

This is a logical answer. Why would God send people to eternal hell because they did not acknowledge Jesus as the only savior of mankind, I can count numerous saviours. All religions have miracles and truth to them although with Christianity the whole eternal hell and Satan is debatable. In fact, realistically and in the Jewish scriptures Jesus does not fit the Messiah description at all. Christianity is well on it's way out if it keeps up the aggressiveness and more and more people unlock it's secrets.

Any God who sends people to eternal hell is not a God that I worship.
  • precious 54 April 2006
    You don't know what you are talking about....you critisize what you don't understand......and christianity is not at all on it's way out....
  • Radian April 2006
    All the Gods of every religion is the same as Lord Krishna says in the Bhagavad-Gita chapter 9.24 Those who are devottes of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only me,O son of Kunti,but they do so in a wrong way. We have to accept all religions i mean by their God if we cant accept this then there is no peace
  • Radhe Krishna,

I know about christianity only on hearsay but I myself read Shrimad Bhagavatham. First let me submit a few corrections. As per Shrimad Bhagavatham lord had 16008 wives and shri narada saw for himself god performing his Grhastha Dharma in all the 16008 households. The names of sons of god krishna are mentioned in Dashama skanda - Utharardha. I am sorry my dear friends - the name of Jesus appear nowhere. It is nowhere mentioned in our shasthras that Jesus was the son of Lord Krishna for one thing.

I heard the following things about christianity.

That only those who believe in the god christians whom they call YHVH would go to eternal heaven and all else would end up in eternal hell.

Their god is formless and their scriptures strictly proohibit worship of any idols

Same I came to know about Islam. The right and wrong about these things can be explained only by those who have mastery in Bible

and what shasthras says:

"Aakashaath pathitam thoyam yatha gachathi saagaram
    Sarva deva namaskaraha keshavam prathigachathi"

like the waters of rivers ultimately reach its final destination, the ocean, the obeisance one pays to any devatha would ultimately reach the God Keshava.
    here I won't say demigod - because I strictly believe in the oneness of god- and I do not buy the theory of demi and semi gods- kimpurusha, yaksha, gandharva and devatha these are all mentioned in shasthras as species which are more powerful than human beings - I dont know how anybody raises the status of devathas to the level of god - and thereafter divide the godhood into demigods and godhead et all - devathas are simply devathas - no no no no - not at all not at all not at all they can never be given a prefix of god. that is blasphemy.

Radhe Krishna
  • Radhe krishna,

In the last post the last word "blasphemy" was inadvertantly used by me and that is regretted. it should have been "inappropriate". Sorry for the error. With the discussion on Islam & Christianity, a jargon which is specifically used by them was inappropriately used by me.

Regarding 16000 wives married by lord krishna, the reference can be looked at Dashama Skanda - utharardha - 59th adyaya - shloka - 33. The names of sons and grandsons of lord are given in adyaya are given in 61th adyaya of dashama skanda.

Radhe Krishna.
  • precious 54 April 2006
    Peace my dear Krishna devotees,I think you should know I mean you no harm I too love Krishna...I was at the very first Krishna temple in NYC when Srila Prabhupadda first brought the sweet message of Krishna to the USA....i have much love for Krishna......I do not understand all this different religions and stuff I only know what i have personally have experenced in my very small life....i have seen personally the power of the Love of Krishna as the beautiful devotees worshiped Krishna at the temple in NYC personally was very young 17 yrs. old I am now 51yrs. old I was a foolish girl got mixed up in the material world of drugs and sex etc ...many years of sin ....when about 20 yrs..ago I heard about Jesus Christ.... I was hooked on heron....Jesus delivered me from this hell...so I know Jesus is real......years later i gott back into a life of forgettfulness i stoped walking the spiritual path once again....I then became so manic depressed and I had no will to live...this went on for years.......I was a walking dead person......Then I started reading the bible and met Jesus again He came into my life in a new way.....he is my saviour from depressiion.....I still had this Love for Krishna because when ever I would hear something about Krishna my heart would leap for joy.....I know Jesus is real and I know Krishna is real dear devotees ....Love is Love isn't it my sweet devotees????
  • April 2006

precious 54:

You don't know what you are talking about....you critisize what you don't understand......and christianity is not at all on it's way out....

Tell that to the millions upon millions who have died in martyrdom for the sake of Christianity.

Also let us not forget the the religion of Islam it too teaches hate and intolerance.
  • April 2006

nekozuki:

[quote=serpent]

This is a logical answer. Why would God send people to eternal hell because they did not acknowledge Jesus as the only savior of mankind, I can count numerous saviours. All religions have miracles and truth to them although with Christianity the whole eternal hell and Satan is debatable. In fact, realistically and in the Jewish scriptures Jesus does not fit the Messiah description at all. Christianity is well on it's way out if it keeps up the aggressiveness and more and more people unlock it's secrets.

Any God who sends people to eternal hell is not a God that I worship.[/quote]

You are right.
  • April 2006

precious 54:

FYI, I was once a Christian until I realized that everytime I walked out of the church, I felt like a piece of trash on the side of the road. Then I decided I'm going to read up on other religions and see if they're as bad as the Christian Church is saying. Paganism was interesting, it's nature worship which has nothing to do with the Devil, but it wasn't enough for me to become a pagan. Then I came across Hinduism and started reading the Vedas and believing them because it actually makes sense and it touched my heart, in Hinduism I found a loving and caring God and I actually felt like a person. I've been a Hindu ever since.

Let me ask you this:

When I was Christian I had no dreams whatsoever of Jesus, he never appeared in my dreams. Then I switch to Hinduism and I see Vishnu's serpent Shesha. Hmmmmmmmmmmm? A sign that maybe I chose the right religion for me not what someone wanted me to be.

You should choose whatever religion works for you, there is no Satan because God is supreme and logically there can be no Satan to oppose him.

I'm not saying Jesus isn't real or his not a saviour of mankind but the Satan concept is getting a little out of hand. I was told by so called Christian stepmother said that I was going to hell for watching Interview with the Vampire. How irrational can you get. Satan was used to get people to convert, why do you think the early paintings of him resemble the Roman god Pan, to convert.
  • surely it is the same supreme being that we are aspiring to approach and by the same means -ie by pleasing him.Surely we can agree that to glorify and serve the supreme being with love will please him.At any moment death may come and in any case life is very short and there are many distractions.A moment lost not glorifying and serving the LOrd cannot be regained.The Lord is in our heart as our dearmost friend,wellwisher and guide, and can give us the intelligence to know what words and actions will please him more than others.Surely if we all pray to the lord for his guidance the poison of missunderstandings between and within religions by his grace can dissapear like magic.No doubt one day we will all be in the eternal abode of the lord lovingley and cooperatively serving and glorifying the lord for ever.Should we try and start now?
  • I believe krishna/Godhead/God/Infinate Universe or whatever we wish to call the Almighty is one and the same. Godhead is everything, so why split hairs.
    Jesus did not write the bible.....was written after his time and is open to interpretation as are all great works based on scripture.
    Was the bible based on scripture, or witness?
    Either way, the Bible contains many truths which should not be ridiculed or discounted.
    I follow the way of Tantra of which Bhakti Yoga is one of the branches.
    Each to their own.....the lord has appeared in many different incarnations at different times. However, time and space are on a different scale in krishna's world, so we should be careful not to insult the divine will of God. Who are we to second guess the almighty.
    Jesus was in his time yet another example of the embodiment of the divine will of God/Krishna/Atma. Their were many before and since...
    Om Tat Sat