how to find a guru?
  • how to find a qualified guru?
    could anyone guide me on this...............
  • Pankaja dasa March 2006
    Pray to Lord Nityananda.
  • March 2006
    Do you need a guru? My guru is Lord Krishna and his teachings.
  • yogesh_25 April 2006
    Dear Prabhuji,
    You develop strong desire for Krishna's divine vision or his divine service. He is sitting in our hearts as parmatma. He is already monitoring your all desires. He will definitely fetch you towards bonafied Spiritual master. Just have a full 100% faith on him. Also try to associate with devotees to your nearest ISKCON temple & hear from some advanced devotees there.
  • yogesh_25 April 2006
    Dear Serpent Prabhuji,
    Spiritual master is must in process of devotional service to Krishna. Lord Krishna himself declared in his BhagvadGita that "Tadviddhi pranipaten pariprashnena sevaya .." One should reach to Bonafied Spiritual master & ask questions to him & serve him at his best. To show the people , Krishna did this practically. He accepted Sandipani Muni as his spitirual master although Lord SriKrishna is Supreme & ultimate Spiritual master for all of us.
  • April 2006

yogesh_25:

Dear Serpent Prabhuji,
    Spiritual master is must in process of devotional service to Krishna. Lord Krishna himself declared in his BhagvadGita that "Tadviddhi pranipaten pariprashnena sevaya .." One should reach to Bonafied Spiritual master & ask questions to him & serve him at his best. To show the people , Krishna did this practically. He accepted Sandipani Muni as his spitirual master although Lord SriKrishna is Supreme & ultimate Spiritual master for all of us.

Lord Krishna is my spiritual master. Lord Krishna is the only spiritual master that I need.
  • dandavat pranams I heard the following from the lotus lips of a Vaisnava-"Srila Baktissidanta Sariswati das said "' rather than trying to see God we should act in such away that God sees us'''.we are not the seer the sadhu is the seer.If we think by our own strength of discrimination we will measure all the sadhus and see who is actually qualified to be guru we will definitely be cheated.That measuring rod is not with us.Goldsmiths have a special stone that they rub on gold by which they can tell if it is real gold .That stone is not with us.So we should cry and cry within our heart to Krishna'' I cannot recognise your true representitive in this world please help me''.So when that real sadhu -guru sees that we are really crying he will give us a glimpse of his divine spiritual nature then we can recognise otherwise not.He is the seer we are to be seen.'' I hope that helps, that is a very important question that you have asked.If we can understand somthing of Guru-tatva then we can get a real Guru and then with his guidance we can understand all other tatvas, otherwise we cannot understand any other tatvas-jiva tava, Vishnu tatva ,Radha--tatva etc
  • Radhe Krishna,

Mathuranatha dasji, Radhe Krishna. Very rightly comprehended. A person gets a desire for krishna bhakthi on hearing about the lord. Bhakthi starts from shravanam. Once the sweet name of lord enters the heart of a person, he tries to know about lord. rest is taken care of by lord.
    Right from Adishankaracharya (who has composed many shlokas on krishna), Ramanujacharya, Madhwacharya, Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, the six goswami shishyas of mahaprabhu, Shri vallabhacharya - I have mentioned many and not mentioned many - cause of my limited knowledge. There were and are many great gouls who have performed krishna bhakthi.
    A person who intends to do krishna bhakthi would be taken to a correct guru - not because of his knowledge - not because of any efforts of the shishyas of the guru. But by the simple reason - krishna krupa. God is so mercyful that he would guide his well intended bhaktha to a guru who would guide him to reach the lotus feet of lord.

In this day of ekadashi, let god blesses us with bhakthi and remove evil thinkings in our mind. let him make us pure souls so that we get qualified for krishna bhakthi.

Radhe krishna.
  • judas April 2006
    Hare Krsna Prabhu,
    Just chant Hare Krsna,read the books of HDG Srika Prabhupada,try 2 develope the qualities of the devotees' you read about therein, and Sri Guru will come 2 you, no fear. No organisation has got sole ownership of The Lord, so be careful of those who try to convince you that Lord Krishna has been franchised-out. Sri Pralada has explained that only by taking the dust of great souls apon our heads is the ONLY way to become Krisna conscious, not by debate,celibesy, or charity etc.

For sure please ignore the foolish persons that tell us that Krsna is their only Guru..The Lord says such people are NOT His followers,but merely pretenders.
    HDG Srila Prabhupada came to the west to initiate The Sankirtan movement of Sri Gauranga, so the best thing we can do is accept "him" as our guide and let him deliver us where he will. Good luck, and God bless you...judas
  • radhe krishna,

Well said, Judas. I had high impression about ISKCON. But after reading posting in this site I found two bad things. That as if ISKCON has taken patent and copy rights of lord krishna. This per se is not that dangerous compared to the proselitizatious preaching of ISKCON that any and everybody who worships krishna in any other manner are malafide. And to level allegations i find one need not even see for any bases. This I feel is not service to lord but it is disservice.

Radhe Krishna
  • skmediadreams:

how to find a qualified guru?
    Dandavat Pranams- From sukrit[bhakti-unmuki sukriti-- pious actions in relation to Krishna or Krishnas eternal associates that lead to bhakti]comes sradha[faith].Faith in the scriptures and in sadhus.That faith will cause us to seek out sadhus and hear from them.Those pure vaisnava sadhus will speak on all the tatvas including Gurutatva.By submissively hearing from the vaisnavas and rendering some menial service to them gradually we can understand how to find and recognise sad guru.
  • sridatta1 September 2006

skmediadreams:

How to distinguish Satguru (Human Incarnation) and Guru?

In the word Satguru, the prefix ‘Sat’ means truth. A Satguru always preaches the truth. Truth is always harsh and is not liked by several people. Therefore a Satguru will have only very few disciples. A Satguru says that the path with thorns will lead to the Lord. People will not like this. He also says that the path with flowers leads to hell. People will not be happy with this preaching. A Guru preaches which several people like. The Guru says that the nature of the goal will be the nature of the path. Since the Lord is full of bliss the path also must be with flowers giving happiness. Since the hell is giving you lot of pain the path with thorns which also gives lot of pain must lead to the hell. This argument is very attractive. Several people will like this and will become the followers of Guru. Several people will praise him and give lot of Guru Dakshina because his argument is pleasant.

But a Satguru says that the path with thorns alone will lead to the Lord because in this path you have to cut the bonds with your family and with your hard-earned money. Sacrifice gives lot of pain and sacrifice alone will lead to the Lord. The path with flowers strengthens your bonds with your family and money which gives you lot of happiness. Such path leads to the hell. Several people do not like such argument and so only one or two persons who can realize the truth will become His disciples. A Satguru will never worry about the number of the disciples and about the quantity of Guru Dakshina. Even if a single disciple is available He is happy. Majority always goes to hell. Only one in millions like Sankara, Vivekananda, Meera can reach the Lord. Diamonds are always in minority. Gravel stones are in majority. Therefore a Satguru will be only one in thousands of Gurus and a true disciple will be only one in millions of disciples. When you are doing prayers you are praising the Lord as a poet praises a king.

The foolish king may give some gift to the poet. But the omniscient Lord can never be fooled by such praise. When you sing songs are chant the name of the Lord or express the feelings of devotion by shedding tears or by meditation you are getting the happiness and peace immediately. You have achieved the fruit. The Lord will not give another fruit for these things. When you are pained and loose peace by cutting the family bonds and by sacrificing your work and wealth to the Lord, then only the Lord will give the real gift to you. When you are working in the field for the owner, doing the work pains you. The owner will pay money for your work. Without doing the work, if you are simply chanting the name of the owner or sing songs on the owner, a wise owner will never give any gift. You have already derived the bliss and peace by eating the sweet in your hand. Why should I pay you when you are eating the sweet? When you sacrifice the sweet to me I shall pay you. A Satguru teaches only the sacrifice which is the path with thorns leading to the Lord. Veda says that sacrifice alone can bring the grace of the Lord (Dhanene Tyagenaike).

If you ask the payment by prayers and devotion the Lord will pay you from your pocket only. He will bring the results of good deeds from your future life cycles and present them to you. But when you are sacrificing the sweet to the Lord in spite of your hunger and your heart pain, the Lord rewards you from His pocket. Therefore the true path leading to the Lord can be identified by loss of peace, mental worry, pain etc., The path to the hell is identified by peace, happiness, benefit etc., Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you to the hell.
  • digital_dasa October 2006
    a very good post sridatta *****respect activated*****

hare krishna :D
  • sridatta1 February 2007

skmediadreams:

Who is the human incarnation in the present human generation?

A) In the Chemistry laboratory the practical procedure is given to you and the salt is given. According to the procedure you have to analyze the substance and find out the name of the salt by yourself. Veda says that the infinite true special knowledge, which cannot be preached by any one and which generates love and bliss in our hearts is the main characteristic of the Lord. He possesses super powers but does not use for exhibition due to egoism. By these confirmatory tests you can find out the fullest form of the Lord (Paripurna Avatara) who is Lord Datta himself. Of course all the preachers are the human incarnations of the disciples of Lord Datta. Some are the partial incarnations of Lord Datta like Kalavatara, Amsavatara etc.,

skmediadreams:

[b] What is the eligibility of the devotees to meet and serve the God?

Ans.) One need not do the work if the eligibility alone exists. But if one has interest, he will certainly do the work. But he may stop work due to certain obstacles. Therefore, the zeal or a sort of madness will certainly cross all the obstacles in doing the work. When such madness exists the goal is achieved even through unjust ways. This is limited to Nivrutti only and should not be extended to Pravrutti.

Arjuna killed his grandfather and gopikas danced with Lord Krishna due to such madness on the Lord. Such madness cannot be achieved by effort and it can be obtained only through the ripened past mentality (Samskara). Gopikas were sages who got such ripening through penance from several births. Arjuna was sage Nara who was constantly associated with Lord Narayana from several births. You must constantly put the efforts trying to cross the obstacles, so that you will achieve this highest state in due course.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
    Universal Spirituality for World Peace
    [email]antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org[/email]

skmediadreams:

How to achieve the grace of God?

Ans.) The grace of God can be achieved only through the practical service. The service is possible through devotion. The devotion is possible through knowledge. The God’s grace is like salary. Service is like your monthly work done in the job. Devotion is like the appointment order. Knowledge is like the eligible degree for the job. Degree gives appointment order and the appointment order gives you salary through the job work. Only this job work or service (karma) is directly linked to the salary.

The degree and the appointment order are responsible for the job work but they have no direct link with the salary. Knowledge is like water and devotion is like fertilizer. Service is like the tree. The fruit appears on the tree only.

Anil Antony

skmediadreams:

The human form of God is the only relevant medium of God for human beings.

The human form of God is the only relevant medium of God for human beings. To speak this point completely, the contemporary human incarnation is the only way which can respond to your doubts and guide you in the correct spiritual path. The energetic forms exist in this time also but they are not in this world. The past human incarnations existed in this world but do not exist in this time. Due to these two limitations, they can be represented only by statues or photos indirectly. Such statues and photos cannot guide you and also cannot give you the experience of God as a living form.

These also cannot give the satisfaction of receiving your worship directly. You can find all the energetic forms of God and all the past human incarnations in the present alive human form of God. You can only find the past in the present but not the reverse. You can see the face of grand father in the face of grand son but not vice-versa. The same God exists in the present human incarnation. The present human body of God also consists of the same components (Matter, energy and pure awareness). Only the form of the body which is unreal differs. In fact, there are no direct photographs of the energetic forms and there are no direct photographs for almost all the past human incarnations.

The forms presented by the statutes and photos are only imagined by certain artists. Even from this view also the forms are unreal. I do not know why people are so blind to cling to the doubly unreal forms of God. The only reason is the egoism and jealousy which are very difficult to be conquered. At least you treat the present human incarnation as a devotee and a messenger of God and accept Him as your guide. Mohammad called Himself as a messenger of God only.

There is nothing wrong in this. The knowledge given by Mohammad was treated as the knowledge of God only and Muslims follow it strictly and get divine fruits. Jesus also declared Himself as a divine messenger only, but He revealed Himself as God to a few deserving devotees. That information leaked out and the majority rebelled against Him. Krishna never told to anyone that He was even the messenger. He behaved like an ordinary human being with some divine qualities which were common to several divine human beings in that time. Krishna revealed Himself as God vehemently to Arjuna only in the context of certain divine purpose only. Whether the human incarnation is God or messenger, it is immaterial for the devotees. It is sufficient if the devotees believe that the knowledge given by the messenger is from God and follow it.

When the devotees analyze the knowledge and practice it, they will conquer their jealousy and egoism and finally realize that the messenger Himself is God. If the jealousy and egoism are not conquered, the devotees may think that the knowledge given by the messenger is an intellectual interpretation of scriptures so that the messenger Himself manages to fit Himself in the position of the God. But in course of time when the egoism and jealousy are fully conquered they will realize the truth. When such misunderstanding comes, they can themselves analyze the analysis and interpretation of the messenger with their own logic and find out whether it is truth or a twist given by the messenger with selfish motive.

However, they should take long time to analyze the messenger, since several false incarnations exist just for the sake of fascination of the position of the God. The capability of the correct spiritual guidance decides the final truth. One should be very very careful to decide the human form of God (Datta) because Datta is becoming your Satguru to guide you in the spiritual path which is the most important eternal aspect of the fate of the soul. You should not be hasty in this aspect because it is going to decide your eternal divine future.

Anil Antony