A journey of many paths
  • nakor July 2007
    I vividly recall as a small kid (6-7), always thinking Krishna was my special protector. I had this small statue of Krishna playing flute that I treasured and kept in my terrace. I would go to it from time to time and talk to it, having faith that Krishna could hear me. I never waited to hear what He said because I knew He wouldn't say anything. All He wanted was to hear me. And for me to know that whatever I did, I would (or, should) be talking to Him about it.

Then, time progressed. The statue was forgotten. I grew up. I started thinking about stuff I thought I knew to be true as a kid and turned into an atheist. Then, as I kept growing up, I turned into a Buddhist and then an agnostic. Right now, I'm at a juncture again. By no means am I old, being in my early 20s. I have found Krishna again, or am trying to.

I had taken to a lot of hedonistic ways. Meat became my staple diet, and alcohol was always welcome and other such stuff. Then one day, I turned towards Krishna again. I reminded myself of my childhood and talked to Krishna of all that plagued me. I found myself a copy of the Gita not much later, and after reading it, I decided to follow some of its directives.

Now, I wont say I'm a different person, because I still follow some of the "sinful" ways written above, but I'm trying to understand some stuff.
  • ammassridhar March 2009
    The Vishnu Maya is so powerful.

The most pious turn into impious and vice-versa.

God doesn't forsake even the worst sinner,
    if the devotee wishes to turn into Good.

May Lord bless us all ...

Love
    sri
  • ilovekrishna March 2009

nakor;4177:

Now, I wont say I'm a different person, because I still follow some of the "sinful" ways written above, but I'm trying to understand some stuff.

I would say that realization of what is "sinful" is important, krishna's love is already with you.. keep Krishna in your mind. Soon you might be able to abandon and get what you are looking for with honest heart.