Hare Krsna,
    Hope this helps IloveKrsna:
    some Info@:

www.gosai.com/chaitanya/saranagati/html/vishnu_mjs/ritvik/index.html

And this@:

2 November, 1967
    67-11-02

My Dear Madhusudana,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated 24th October 1967. Kirtanananda was awarded the position of a Sannyasi because he wanted it although I could understand it that he wanted to be a spiritual master himself. Lord Caitanya wanted every one should be a spiritual master provided he follows the order of Lord Caitanya.

The Lord's mission was to defeat the Mayavada philosophy and establish in the philosophy of Krishna consciousness because Krishna is the Supreme Lord the Personality of Godhead. Anyone following the order of Lord Caitanya under the guidance of His bona fide representative, can become a spiritual master and I wish that in my absence all my disciples become the bona fide spiritual master to spread Krishna Consciousness throughout the whole world. I want it but Kirtanananda was too much puffed up and artificially he took up a certificate from me that he has been awarded the order to a Sannyasi, In the spiritual field nobody can become a bona fide spiritual master by dissatisfying his spiritual master. It is said that one can satisfy the Supreme Lord simply by satisfying the spiritual master and one who dissatisfies the spiritual master has no place in the spiritual world.

Kirtanananda wanted to become a spiritual master by dissatisfying his spiritual master and as such he has fallen down. He cannot say anything genuine any more till he has had revival of his pure consciousness in the spiritual world as mentioned above. Differentiation between spirit & matter is clear & practical experience, when a living creature is dead no amount of material advancement of science can bring back a dead body to life. The thing which is absent from a dead body is the spirit. As there is individual spirit in individual body, similarly there is the Great Spirit in the universal material form.

As the individual spirit is working systematically within the individual material body, similarly, the Supreme Spirit is conscious of the universal body. The lord knows what is happening in each & every planet as much as an individual soul knows what is happening in each & every part of his body. Therefore, the individual consciousness which is limited, when dovetailed with the Supreme Consciousness of the Lord is called Krishna Consciousness. When I return some of you shall be offered Sacred Thread. I very much appreciate your version that Rayarama is roaring like a Lion-cub. I wish that every one of you should be Lion's descendant.

Our Lord Krishna assumed the form of Lion & killed the atheist, Hiranyakasipu, & by disciplic succession we shall also kill all impersonalist atheist. Absolutely there is no Krishna Consciousness for the impersonalist. Hope you are well.

Your ever well-wisher
    A. C. Bhaktivedanta, Swami
  • May 2004
    Haribol gog108

Please accept my obeisances. All glories to SRila Prabhupada. Hare Krsna.

I recently received the two issues of Back to Prabhupada Magazine for the IRM. All I can say is WOW!

Very well done and extremely informative. All should read this magazine.

your servant,
    Rukmini-Devi dasi

gog108:

• May 2004

Govindaram:

Hare Krsna,

(snip)

Letter to: Madhusudana
    --
    Navadvipa
    2 November, 1967
    67-11-02

My Dear Madhusudana,

Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated 24th October 1967. Kirtanananda was awarded the position of a Sannyasi because he wanted it although I could understand it that he wanted to be a spiritual master himself. Lord Caitanya wanted every one should be a spiritual master provided he follows the order of Lord Caitanya.

The Lord's mission was to defeat the Mayavada philosophy and establish in the philosophy of Krishna consciousness because Krishna is the Supreme Lord the Personality of Godhead. Anyone following the order of Lord Caitanya under the guidance of His bona fide representative, can become a spiritual master and I wish that in my absence all my disciples become the bona fide spiritual master to spread Krishna Consciousness throughout the whole world. I want it but Kirtanananda was too much puffed up and artificially he took up a certificate from me that he has been awarded the order to a Sannyasi, In the spiritual field nobody can become a bona fide spiritual master by dissatisfying his spiritual master. It is said that one can satisfy the Supreme Lord simply by satisfying the spiritual master and one who dissatisfies the spiritual master has no place in the spiritual world.

Kirtanananda wanted to become a spiritual master by dissatisfying his spiritual master and as such he has fallen down. He cannot say anything genuine any more till he has had revival of his pure consciousness in the spiritual world as mentioned above. Differentiation between spirit & matter is clear & practical experience, when a living creature is dead no amount of material advancement of science can bring back a dead body to life. The thing which is absent from a dead body is the spirit. As there is individual spirit in individual body, similarly there is the Great Spirit in the universal material form.

(snip - see above for full letter)

Your ever well-wisher
    A. C. Bhaktivedanta, Swami

My Dear GovindaRam,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I do not know if I can bring peace to the debate going on here, but one thing I notice is much of it seems more like a personality clash or personal differences. I hope that won't be transgressed over to me or what I am trying to explain.

You do not have to accept what I explain either. Simply I ask that you give me a chance.

I agree Prabhupada said, back in the early 70s, that his disciples should also make disciples. I wish it were that simple that all we need to do is look at some of the letters and quotes from Prabhupada but not the others. Unforatuntely, its not. Because by omitting them, various important issues are left out if we dont view the other multitude of points Prabhupada said on this very important position.

Please do not misunderstand me. If you can find for me, a guru who meets up to what Prabhupada described as qualifications for guru, I will have no problem with that person. So far, that has not been seen. What has been factually seen in real life, is fall down after fall down. I'm a realist. No offence intended, but for myself, I find it difficult to accept as an authority over my soul, those who keep falling down themselves.

If you notice, in the above letter which you quoted, right after Prabhupada states he wants his disciples to become guru, he next states:

"but Kirtanananda was too much puffed up and artificially he took up a certificate from me that he has been awarded the order to a Sannyasi, In the spiritual field nobody can become a bona fide spiritual master by dissatisfying his spiritual master. "

I only point this out because we need to see Prabhupada also made it clear that for someone to take disciples, they must be qualified. It is not merely because they are his disciples that they can take on disciples; rather they must live the life perfectly as well as reveal high spiriutal qualification. The point I am trying to make here (basically) is about the first part of the quote I used.

The second part is that a devotee must not dissatisify his spiriutal master or else they can not beocme a bona fide guru themselves. This is important point because tho Prabhupada did indeed say he wanted his disciples to become guru, however he later changed his mind, therefore the modern gurus are dissatisifying Prabhupada by going against his instruction. You may not agree and that is your right. Simply, this is my understanding and my belief for all I have studied on this, and I have studied it a lot.

I remember once, when Prabhupada was sick, how he replied to Bhavananda they were all just children and not ready to take over. Although that is a lesser point. Mostly, I go by his Last Will and Testament. Devotees can change and manipulate all sorts of documentation, recordings and such. But due to the law being in charge of his Will, they could not get their hands on it. Though they tried.

In his Will he made it very clear that the future disciples will be his. I dont have the exact quote on hand. Does someone else? Anyway, all I humbly ask is that you consider this perspective.

Wishing you well.

Peace.

Your Fallen Servant,
    Devotee
  • June 2004
    Srila Rupa Goswami considers taking initiation as paramount in importance
    among his sixty-four items of devotional service (adau gurvasrayam)
    [underlining and highlighting throughout added]:
    In Bhakti-rasämåta-sindhu compiled by Çré Rüpa Gosvämé
    it is said that one should be very liberal in behavior and should
    avoid any undesirable activities. The most important affirmative
    points are that one should accept the shelter of a bona fide
    spiritual master, be initiated by him and serve him. (Teachings
    of Lord Caitanya: Chapter 12)
    In effect, eliminating the diksa guru is tantamount to spiritual abortion.
    SMOKING GANJA THROUGH ANOTHER’S HAND
    Wishing to propound an invented philosophy, a philosopher may speak
    as if his own ideas were expounded within Lord Krsna’s Bhagavad-gita.
    Using Bhagavad-gita’s popularity and authority, the less-known philosopher
    hopes to gain an audience. Using this technique, unscrupulous commentators
    have written that the Bhagavad-gita propounds political nonviolence,
    psychological symbolism, Mayavada doctrine, and other erroneous
    ideas.
    Srila Prabhupada compared such mischievous activity to a ganja
    smoker who asks another person to hold the ganja while he smokes it in
    order to avoid the bad smell remaining on his own hand. The present
    attempt to propound a new theory of ritvik initiations is already mischievous
    enough but by trying to attribute the concoction to His Divine Grace
    through twisting his words is nothing less than outrageous.
    SIKSA LINE?
    Wily ritvik advocates try to prove diksa gurus obsolete because,
    according to them, the Brahma Madhva Gaudiya Sampradaya is a “siksa
    line,” not a “diksa line.” The truth is however, that the Brahma Sampradaya
    is simultaneously both a diksa and a siksa line, exactly as recommended
    in the sastras. Every preceptor in the line has taken diksa directly from a
    physically-present guru and every preceptor accepts transcendental instructions
    from advanced Vaisnavas. There is no Vaisnava acarya who
    will say that it is not necessary to take initiation from a bonafide spiritual
    master. Vaisnava sva-paca guru. Even if person is born of a family of dogeaters,
    if he is a Vaisnava, he can become a guru. Furthermore, ISKCON
    devotees are duty-bound to accept the diksa principle because Rupa
    Goswami and Srila Prabhupada ordained it.Siksa-line proponents point out that Srila Vyasadeva was not the diksa
    guru of Madhvacarya, and that other spiritual masters listed in our disciplic
    succession were not initiated by the person whose name appears directly
    above theirs. We should not fail to acknowledge, however, that each acarya
    whose name appears on the list has a diksa guru. There is no acarya in our
    line who does not have a diksa guru. How then can we say that it is not a
    diksa line? Although Madhvacarya is certainly a glorious siksa disciple of
    Srila Vyasadeva, his honored diksa guru is Acyuta Prekñäcärya Tértha.
    By trying to eliminate the diksa guru, ritvik proponents ignore Srila
    Prabhupada’s emphasis on this point.
    Actually, you have only one Spiritual Master, who initiates
    you, just as you have only one father. But every Vaisnava should
    be treated as prabhu, master, higher than me, and in this sense,
    if I learn from him, he may be regarded as guru. It is not that I
    disobey my real Spiritual Master and call someone else as Spiritual
    Master. That is wrong. It is only that I can call Spiritual
    Master someone who is teaching me purely what my initiating
    Spiritual Master has taught. (Letter November 20, 1971)
    Srila Prabhupada refers to the diksa guru as one’s real spiritual master
    and the siksa guru as one who, in the absence of one’s diksa guru,
    supports the same teachings as the diksa guru. In other words, the attempt
    of an initiated disciple to find a siksa guru who surpasses or circumventsone’s diksa guru is offensive and such rascaldom will be disastrous to one’s
    spiritual life.