Who is Srila Prabhupada?Is he a pure devotee of Sri Krishna?
  • May 2004
    :?:
  • May 2004
    I used to believe all this also, but now I realize that Hinduism is a creation of man. And this can even be seen today, as the Hindus continue to add more and more "gods" to their previous ones. Examples of these are: couple hundred years ago they added Swaminarayan because he claimed to be a devotee of Krishna, now they're adding Sai Baba and believe it or not, after a hundred or so years ago, if this keeps up, most Hinduis WILL continue their lives believing that this is another avatar of "God". And if you step back and look at the whole scene from a wide angle, you will come to realize that Hindus did not do this only recently, but have continued to do this for their entire history, however long that may have been.

I say "however long that may have been" because, whether you realize it or not, India does not have much of a recorded history. The only recorded history it does have is the books that they have, the Upanishads, Ramayan, Mahabharata, etc. And there are over a hundred of these books, and who knows how many people wrote them. And most of them collide and go against each other...at least many do; an example of this would be found in what the followers of Vishnu(Krishna, Ram, etc) believe and what the followers of Shiva believe in. Anyways, India does not even have a recorded history from as back as 500 years, how could it have recorded history from thousands of years back? An example of this is clearly seen in trying to find the true age of Mira Baai, a devotee, when she died. And come to find out, it seems she lived to be about 120 or 125 years old...true? I think not, just another myth added to history by Hindus.

And now I have come to realize that my life had been going in one direction, and that was to find truth in life. And that truth has not come from following Hinduism, but rather from abandoning it. Now I have realized that the only true God is the God that is spoken of in The Holy Bible. And if you don't think that this is possible, then look at the multitudes of prophesies that have been fulfilled from the Holy Bible, and you will come to realize that the Holy Bible is the only true message of God, the only infallible Word of God.

Of course there are Hindus that say that both Christianity and Hinduism are true. From the Hindu perspective, this is true because in Hinduism, as many "gods" as its followers want can be added. But, for this claim to be true, it must have to agree from the other side of the issue also, in this case, Christianity. And, whether you like to accept or not, Hinduism is a religion of idols, where Hindus worship deities, statues, murtis, etc. Of course these idols represent the "real Hindu gods", but that is not the point here. For both Hinduism and Christianity to be true, Christianity must also allow this point, allow this way of worship. Instead, in the Holy Bible, God has clearly declared, "You shall not worship idols!"

So, this means that either Hinduism or Christianity must be true. And one must decide which one, for in essence you cannot say that both are true. And if you look at Hinduism itself, you must step back from the entire scene and take a fresh look at it and look at what Hindus as a whole believe in, not just what some sects believe in.

You make the choice. It's your eternity that's on the line. It's a matter of where you are going to live for an eternity when you die. Don't make the wrong choice...do research until you are content with the answer, and look at both sides of the issue. And please, do the research on your own, please do not go to a guru or a church leader. If you are truly sincere, you will see the truth.

Thank you for reading this,
    God bless you!!!
  • May 2004
  • May 2004
    Hare Krsna Prabhupada dasa.

Obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Excellent site, prabhu!! All glories to your wonderful service.

I was happy to see your response the Krushna's question and also happy to see the link for the biography. Thank you!

It is a very nice clear answer which will not lead to confusion.

your servant,
    Rukmini-Devi dasi
  • May 2004